Sunday, April 14, 2024
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
HomeCRIMEKASESE SCHOOL ATTACK: Death Toll Raises To 44 As New Details Emerge

KASESE SCHOOL ATTACK: Death Toll Raises To 44 As New Details Emerge

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

It’s 10 days now since ADF rebels attacked Lhubiriha Secondary school in Kasese district nearing the Congolese boarder and killed 37 students and other support staff members in the night of Friday 16th.

25 students who were butchered by the assailants were handed over to parents last week and given descent burial and 17 bodies were awaiting DNA test at Fort Portal regional referral hospital. The 17 were burnt beyond recognition in the boy’s hostel which was bombed by the terrorists.

Revealing new details to the press today, police spokesperson Fred Enanga says after the DNA tests, 11 bodies have been identified and will be handed over to the parents for burial as 6 remain unidentified.

AD: FOR THE BEST WEB HOSTING, WEB DESIGNS AND DOMAIN NAMES, CALL OR WHATSAPP +256758201313

Enanga also revealed that while pursuing the ADF rebels and in a bid to rescue the students who were abducted, UPDF discovered another body of a female student in the jungles of the Congolese forests and is believed to have been who killed by the assailants as they escaped. This now brings the death toll to 44.

Police also says the number of terrorists who attacked the school is said to have been between 25-30 rebels who entered Uganda through porous boarders on the Western stretch of the Congolese boarder with Uganda.

Last week, police arrested the headteacher, the director of the attacked school and other 20 people whom they said were collaborators with the ADF. However, several have since been released and only the Director, Headteacher, Director of studies and a Witch Doctor remain under detention.

Analysts and politicians have faulted security of not doing enough to stop this gruesome attack which security has attributed the attack to non-vigilance of the community members as president and first lady highlighted and sighted wrangles on the ownership of the school which might have aided the attack.

Government has since been giving UGX5m to every family of the deceased students, supported those injured and promised that the school will also be helped to resume operations by the Ministry of Education and sports.

If you have a story in your community or an opinion article, let’s publish it. Send us an email via ultimatenews19@gmail.com or WhatsApp +255769138299

RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments

Jjemba Roger on VJ Junior arrested
nsubuga on VJ Junior arrested
Mabonga antony rei martins on VJ Junior arrested
Herbert on VJ Junior arrested
Herbert on VJ Junior arrested
Obidike Isaac on VJ Junior arrested
ocitti Sunday Welborn on Police Arrests People Power Coordinator