In Museveni’s tonight’s address on Covid-19 following the last one on 30th July 2021 where he eased the lockdown, the president has this evening announced new measures in addition to the existing and also eased the following sectors that had been locked
- Weddings, burials and social events to now have 200 people from the 20 people.
- Places of worship can now open with 200 people with social distancing and other SOPs
- Casinos, gaming, betting shops and gyms will also start operating under strict guidelines and close by 6pm
- Cinemas and bibanda, Bars, Concerts, disco halls, performing artists and beaches to continue closed until at least 4.8 million priority population are vaccinated.
- Curfew remains at 7:00pm- 05:30am and Boda boda to be off the roads by 6:00pm
- On the issue of schools, the president emphasized the need to at least vaccinate 550,000 teachers. However post-secondary institutions (institutions of higher learning) will open from 1st November 2021 on condition that all teachers and non-teaching staff are vaccinated. Also if at least 330,000 students aged 18 years and above in post-secondary institutions should be vaccinated as soon as possible. The rest of the classes to remain closed until January 2022.