President Museveni has this evening eased the hard-hitting nation-wide lockdown which he announced on 18th June 2021 and it has lasted for 42 days which elapsed today 30th July 2021 amidst excitement from Ugandans who endured.
Following a decline on the new cases, deaths and admission of covid-19 related illnesses across the country, as usual Museveni’s THEREFORE Segment included the following new measures.
- Boda bodas who had been limited to carrying luggage will now start carrying one passenger and allowed to move up to 6:00pm maintain the SOPs.
- Private vehicles can now operate across district boarders in compliance with the SOPs.
- Curfew time maintained at 7pm-05:30am
- Places of worship remain closed for the next 60 days.
- Burials, weddings and other functions remain limited to only 20 people.
- Public transport allowed to resume under strict guidelines.
- Public gatherings like political rallies, concerts and bars remain closed.
- Comedians and musicians should entertain people virtually.
- Restaurants, saloons will start operating under strict guidelines.
- Schools will remain closed until vaccination for all children and teachers is done. Learning will remain virtually on Zoom, Televisions and Radios
- Malls, arcades and other business centres will now start operating under strict SOPs.
- Public transport will open at strictly 50% capacity effective Monday 2nd August 2021.
This story is still being updated with more details……